Searchlight is open. Vote here!
Estimated value of $50,000
The winner will receive:
$20,000 in equipment from Yamaha Music Canada
The Canadian Musician Career Booster package from Canadian Musician Magazine, which includes:
- recording and mixing session at Metalworks Studios, voted number one recording studio in Canada;
- record production by a prominent Canadian producer;
- recording microphone package from Blue Microphones courtesy of HHB Canada;
- CD duplication, retail and online distribution and DMDS radio servicing from Indiepool;
- national publicity campaign from Red Umbrella PR;
- national radio promotion and tracking from Spincount;
- professional photo session from Images With Impact (Neal Burstyn), Canadian Musician magazine’s busiest photographer;
- website development and promotion from Norris-Whitney Communications;
- online music industry courses from Metalworks Institute, Canada’s pre-eminent entertainment career college;
- personal career coaching from leading music industry professionals;
- legal consultation from Edwards PC, Creative Law;
- career booster library from Music Books Plus;
- subscriptions to Canadian Musician magazine for all winning band members.
(Approximate value: $25,000).
A slot at the CBCMusic.ca Festival in Toronto, including travel and accommodation.
An audio/video recording of the CBCMusic.ca Festival performance, produced by CBC and with compensation pursuant to the Canadian Federation of Musicians.
A live studio performance on CBC Radio One's q
Every time you vote, you will be entered into a draw to win a guitar and amp package from Yamaha Music Canada. One per voting round will be awarded, and it includes one (1) RS420 guitar (in your choice of colour), one (1) THR10 amp, hardshell case and accessories and is valued at approximately $1,300 each.
Early Bird Prize
Entries received by March 9 at 11:59 pm local time will be entered into a draw to win a vintage-inspired CBC shoulder bag, valued at $39.99. Update: The winners for this prize have already been contacted.