Beck is back and better than ever
Sometimes the wait is well worth it. Beck, the musical chameleon, is back with a new album called Morning Phase. The disc is full of songs of lament and loneliness, self-reflection and soul baring. The new single, "Blue Moon," hits the Radio 2 Top 20 at number nine. Here's a little musical promo for the new album — look they're making records!
And now for a Beck throwback!
In honour of '90s Week at CBC Music, here's a blast from the past from Beck: 1993 was known as the year of the "Loser."
The sweet harmonies of Scarlett Jane pick up the most online votes this week
Take a look at this live performance of Scarlett Jane's number four song, "Aching Heart." Grab a Kleenex, this one is a tearjerker.
Foster the People are in the number 1 spot again this week
1. Foster the People, "Coming of Age" (same)
2. Bastille, "Bad Blood" (up two)
3. Fratellis, "She's Not Gone Yet But She's Leaving" (up three)
4. Scarlett Jane, "Aching Heart" (up nine + most online votes)
5. Sherman Downey and the Ambiguous Case, "The Right Idea" (down two)
6. Tokyo Police Club, "Hot Tonight" (up 10 + hot shooter)
7. U2, "Invisible" (up three)
8. Rosanne Cash, "Modern Blue" (down one)
9. Beck, "Blue Moon" (new entry)
10. Sam Roberts, "Broken Teeth" (new entry)
11. Serena Ryder, "For You" (new entry)
12.Rufus Wainwright, "Me and Liza" (down three)
13. Harlan Pepper, "Gimme Love" (down eight)
14. Bobby Bazini, "Heavy Love" (new entry)
15. Kings of Leon, "Wait For Me" (new entry)
16. Bruce Springsteen, "Just Like Fire Would" (up four)
17. Blue Rodeo, "Never Too Late" (down two)
18. Matt Andersen, "Alberta Gold" (down six)
19. Boy and Bear, "Southern Sun" (down eleven)
20. Carleton Stone, "Climbing Up Walls" (new entry)
Follow us on Twitter: @CBCR2Top20