Tokyo Police club are fan-tastic
Newmarket's indie rock upstarts Tokyo Police Club are back with a brand new album, and to celebrate they invited their fans to join in creating a video for their new single.
Instead of your typical lyric video for the new tune — with a bunch of words flashing over some random images — for "Hot Tonight" the band made a callout to their fanbase and asked them to contribute their own images.
The result is not only an original video, done on the cheap, but it’s also a tribute to a clever, fun bunch of Tokyo Police Club fans. The band enters the Radio 2 Top 20 chart at 16 with "Hot Tonight. "
U2 still haven't found what they're looking for
A marching band, a stage precariously perched on the 30 Rockefeller rooftop high above New York City and, of course, a screaming audience. U2 is not shy about adding a little spectacle to their performances. This week, they got the nod from Jimmy Fallon to be the very first musical guest on his inaugural Tonight Show program.
U2 just can't keep themselves off rooftops, or off the Radio 2 Top 20 countdown. They enter the chart at number 10 with "Invisible."
A new number one
After just three short weeks on the chart, Foster the People take the number one spot, with "Coming of Age." Nicely done, fellas.
1. Foster the People, "Coming of Age" (up two)
2. Broken Bells, "Holding on for Life" (up three)
3. Sherman Downey and the Ambiguous Case, "The Right Idea" (up one + most online votes)
4. Bastille, "Bad Blood" (down two)
5. Harlan Pepper, "Gimme Love" (up three)
6. Fratellis, "She's Not Gone Yet But She's Leaving" (up one)
7. Rosanne Cash, "Modern Blue" (up five + hot shooter)
8. Boy and Bear, "Southern Sun" (up one)
9. Rufus Wainwright, "Me and Liza" (down three)
10. U2, "Invisible" (new entry)
11. Serena Ryder, "For You" (new entry)
12. Matt Andersen, "Alberta Gold" (down two)
13. Scarlett Jane, "Aching Heart" (up one)
14. Kodaline, "Love Like This" (down one)
15. Blue Rodeo, "Never Too Late" (up five)
16. Tokyo Police Club, "Hot Tonight" (new entry)
17. Luke Nicholson, "Wait a Minute" (down two)
18. Sam Roberts, "Broken Teeth" (new entry)
19. Blackie and the Rodeo Kings, "South" (up three)
20. Bruce Springsteen, "Just Like Fire Would" (new entry)
Follow us on Twitter: @CBCR2Top20