This week, it's out with the old, in with the new. Seven fresh tunes kick a bunch of oldies right off the chart:
Franz Ferdinand named themselves after Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria, whose assassination in 1914 effectively starting World War I. The band are back with a new single from the album Right Thoughts, Right Words, Right Action called "Right Action."
This week also sees new music by Toad the Wet Sprocket, a band with a ridiculous name but a serious career. Named after a fake band invented by Eric Idol of Monty Python, Toad the Wet Sprocket have been going since 1986. After having made 5 albums and selling millions of records, who's laughing now? This year they're back with "New Constellation."
This song title by The Lone Bellow might not be grammatically correct, but what it lacks in grammar, it makes up for with soul. “You Never Need Nobody” is another new entry on the chart this week.
This week, Express and Company have a new video for their song "Carry Me Along." Watch the video right to the end for some great outtakes, which prove that you can’t shoot a video on a country road without getting a face full of bugs.
Tenacious twins Tegan and Sara stay at number one for the second consectutive week with "I Was A Fool."
1. Tegan and Sara, "I Was A Fool" (same)
2. Wake Owl, "Wild Country" (up one)
3. Serena Ryder, "What I Wouldn't Do" (down one)
4. Frank Turner, "Recovery" (same)
5. The Mowgli's, "San Francisco" (up three)
6. Passenger, "Let Her Go" (down one)
7. Lindy, "Dark Matter" (up three & Most Online Votes)
8. Express and Company, "Carry Me Along" (down two)
9. City and Colour, "Of Space and Time" (THE HOT SHOOTER, up six)
10. Vampire Weekend, "Unbelievers" (up three)
11. Mumford & Sons, "Babel" (up three)
12. Don Brownrigg, "Sweet Dream Sleeper (new entry)
13. Half Moon Run, "Nerve" (new entry)
14. Jasper Sloan Yip, "Show Your Teeth" (new entry)
15. Raine Maida, "S.O.S" (up three)
16. Franz Ferdinand, "Right Action" (new entry)
17. Iron and Wine, "The Desert Babbler" (re-entry)
18. The Lone Bellow, "You Never need Nobody" (new entry)
19. John Mayer, "Paper Doll" (new entry)
20. Toad the Wet Sprocket, "New Constellation" (new entry)
Follow us on Twitter: @CBCR2Top20