The new queen of heartache performed an intimate session at Strombo's house.
The Strombo Show welcomes the new queen of heartache, Margo Price, into the House for an intimate session.
Margo Price pawned her wedding ring and car to record her album at Sun Studios after dark. She delivered her debut, Midwest Farmer's Daughter, on Jack White's Third Man Records this year and has earned herself comparisons to iconic country voices like Loretta Lynn and Emmylou Harris. With a guitar in tow, Price performs several album cuts for The Strombo Show, including an exclusive Bob Dylan cover. She also shares childhood memories with George.
For more than two decades, George Stroumboulopoulos has been working on behalf of you to find and champion the songs that'll get you through the night, doing interviews, intimate sessions and out-of-your-mind, full-blown house concerts. The Strombo Show reflects the beautiful and the badass in Canada's diverse cultural landscape. There are no boundaries, with the gamut running from Aretha Franklin to Slayer, and everything in between.
- Margo Price, “Hurtin’ (On The Bottle)”
- Brenda Lee, “I Want To Be Wanted (Per Tutta La Vita)”
- Sleigh Bells, “I Can Only Stare”
- Germaphobes, “Like A Ballet”
- XTC, “Scissor Man”
- Lou Canon, “Close To Me”
- Broken Social Scene, “Meet Me In The Basement”
- Jay Z, “Lucifer”
- Sylvan LaCue, “Best Me”
- Phantogram, “You Don’t Get Me High Anymore (The Range Remix)”
- Dorothy Ashby, “The Moving Finger”
- Curtis Mayfield, “Little Child Runnin’ Wild”
- Shad, “Yaa I Get It”
- Charlotte Day Wilson, “Work”
- Cherry Glazerr, “Told You I’d Be With the Guys”
- Exit Someone, “Fade to Black”
- Junior Parker, “Tomorrow Never Knows”
- Värttinä, “Katariina”
- The Stooges, “No Fun”
- Margo Price, “Tennessee Song (Strombo Session)”
- Neil Young, “Monsanto Years”
- Margo Price, “Wallflower (Bob Dylan cover) (Strombo Session)”
- Margo Price, “Weekender (Strombo Session)”
- Margo Price, “This Town Gets Around”
- Lou Rawls, “Love is a Hurtin’ Thing”
- Wynn Stewart, "It’s Such a Pretty World Today"
- DIANA, “Confession”
- Esquerita, “Sinnerman”
- Tom Waits, "Hoist That Rag"
- Timi Yuro, “Hurt”
- Big Star, “Kangaroo”
- DOA, “Fucked Up Donald”
- Propagandhi, “Fuck the Border”
- Black Flag, “White Minority”
- Savages, “Dream Baby Dream (Live)”
- Nine Inch Nails, “Closer”
- Def Leppard, “Photograph”
- Pink Floyd, “Hey You”
- Bon Iver, “00000 Million”
- Deftones “Phantom Bride (Ft. Jerry Cantrell)"
- Barbara Love, “Across The Universe”
For further musical exploration with George Stroumboulopoulos, tune in to The Strombo Show every Sunday night on CBC Radio 2 or CBC Music from 8 to 11 p.m. for three hours of uninterrupted music for music lovers.