Our year-end episode of the CBC Radio 3 podcast is here, bringing you our five essential Canadian indie songs of 2016. This year our list includes Vancouver psychedelic rockers Black Mountain, whose co-vocalist Amber Webber joins us in the studio to talk about why 2016 has been such an important year for women in music.
Host Louise Burns will also walk you through our best-of playlist, which includes the smooth tones of Charlotte Day Wilson and soulful grooves of River Tiber. She will also discuss Kaytranada's huge year and talk about how 2016 was the year of the come back for Preoccupations.
Here is the playlist for this episode:
1. Charlotte Day Wilson “Work”
2. River Tiber “Acid Test” from Indigo
3. Preoccupations “Fever” from Preoccupations
4. Black Mountain “Florian Saucer Attack” from IV
5. Kaytranada “Weight Off” from 99.9%
The CBC Radio 3 podcast for December picks five essential songs of 2016, including Black Mountain, Kaytranada and Charlotte Day Wilson.