If you’re planning to enter CBC Music’s Searchlight 2018 contest, you’ll need to keep an eye on our key dates.
From opening day of the submission period on Tuesday, Jan. 23, to the grand-prize winner announcement on Monday, March 19, here are all the days to circle on your calendar.
- The submission period: All entrants can register for Searchlight 2018 by uploading a song starting on Tuesday, Jan. 23, at 12:01 a.m. ET. Submissions close on Tuesday, Feb. 6, at 2:59 p.m. ET.
- Round 1: Voting and judging begins on all eligible songs on Tuesday, Feb. 13, at 3 p.m. ET and ends Wednesday, Feb. 28, at 2:59 p.m. ET.
- Round 2: Voting and judging begins on the top 100 on Thursday, March 1, at 3 p.m. ET and ends on Wednesday, March 7, at 2:59 p.m. ET.
- Round 3: Top 10 finalists are announced on Thursday, March 8, at 3 p.m. ET and our panel of judges convene to determine the grand prize winner.
- Final: the grand prize winner will be announced on Monday, March 19, at 11 a.m. ET.
Good luck to all our contestants!
More to explore: